Thursday 7 April 2022

Okonomyaki ( Japanese Cabbage and carrot pancake)

Im back after a few years away from blogging. I had thought of starting a new blog  figured best to resurrect this blog in 2022

Enough for two 

2 eggs

1/4 cup flour 

1 teaspoon soy

1/2 teaspoon crushed puréed ginger

1-1/4 cup fine shredded cabbage 

1 carrot grated

Spring onion ( optional) 

1tsp oil 

Pinch powered stock

Mayonnaise 

Dash of Mirin

Beat the eggs first then add the flour slowly whisking as you go, try to get as many lumps out as possible. 

Add the ginger, soy and lots of black pepper the powdered stock. Mix then add cabbage shredded and grated carrot.

Absolutely beautiful 


Cook in hot fry pan with just a touch of oil till cooked through and golden I start hot as soon as they have some colour I turn them down I’ve been known to finish them off for a minute in Microwave.

When serving I put a cap full off Mirin on top of them then squeeze out a bit of mayonnaise.