Tuesday 30 June 2009

Pear Pancakes

I love pancakes and eat them fairly regularly, I always have some in my freezer as I like them sweet or savoury. This recipe is one of those" what shall I do for sweets tonight" type recipes.
You can use tinned pears and use the juice, just forget about adding water, and sugar
Make your pancakes first.

Filling
3 Pears, peeled and diced
2 tablespoons jam
1 cup water

Sauce
1 tablespoon custard powder
reserved pear juice
1/4 cup cream
1 tablespoon sugar

Place pears in a pot with 1 cup water, simmer gently till soft, remove from heat.
Save liquid separately and let the whole lot cool.
Mix pears and jam together, and place spoonfuls in centre of each pancake roll up and place in a greased ovenproof dish.
Bake for 15 mins.

While that is baking blend custard flour with a little pear juice till a runny paste.
heat up remaining juice and cream, add sugar whisk in cornflour paste stirring until sauce thickens .
Pour over pancakes