Saturday 21 March 2009

Traceys "Never Fail Sponge Cake"

I think we all love a sponge cake its pretty embeded into the Australian culture
I have never been any good with sponges as I'm too heavy handed with such a delicate food.
This recipe however was given to me from a student who made it for my birthday.
It was a success when I made it myself, so I hope you like me will find it a never fail sponge.


4 eggs(separated)
3/4 cup Castor sugar
pinch salt

Sift 4 times
3/4 cup cornflour
1 rounded tablespoon custard powder
1/2 teaspoon carb-soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar

Set oven to 180 degrees C
Grease and Line tin with cooking paper
Beat whites of eggs stifly with salt and add sugar slowly
Add yolks beat until well blended
Fold in the dry ingredients with a metal spoon
Pour mixture into a prepared tin
Bake on second shelf for 20-25 mins