Saturday 1 November 2008

Jelly Slice

I think most of us Aussies grew up loving "Jelly slices" the first time I made them was when I challenged myself and made every dish of one of my cookbooks It took almost a year to get through the book I was 21 at the time but it helped develop my love of cooking

250g packet marie or arrowroot biscuits, crushed
100gm Butter, melted
125gm Milk melts, melted
250g packet cream cheese
400g sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup lemon juice
150gm White choc melts, melted
1tablespoon Gelatine
2tablespoon Water
85g packet jelly crystals
1cup boiling water

Grease and line bace and sides of a lamington pan
Combine crushed biscuits,melted butter and 125gms melted milk melts in a large bowl
Press over bace of greased lamington pan refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set
Place chopped cream cheese condensed milk and lemon juice and the rest of the melted white melts in a large bowl
Beat with an electric mixer until combined.
Sprinkle gelatine over water in a cup stand in pan of simmering water stir until dissolved
Mix into cream cheese mixture
Pour over prepared base refrigerate 1 hour or until set
Dissolve jelly crystals in boiling water in a heatproof jug cool to room temperature pour it over set cream cheese mixture
Refrigerate for several hours or until set before cutting
Use a warm knife to cut